Nineteen men and four others were killed by 30 gunmen in a drug rehabilitation center in a Mexican border state capital. The police also found twenty people who were killed in another drug-plagued northern city. The authorities also discovered fifty-five bodies in an abandoned silver mine weeks after. The killings in Mexico is said to be one of the bloodiest weeks in the country. The police had no lead on the suspects but they presume that the killings were victims of Mexico’s drug violence.
In less than two years there were more than sixty people died in mass shootings at rehab clinics. The authorities have said that two of six major drug cartels of Mexico were threatened to kill those who don’t cooperate with their illegal activities such as exploiting the centers to recruit hit men and drug smugglers. Some were killed for betraying the dealer or for not paying for the illegal drugs.
the violence marked the deadliest day in Tamaulipas when 18 gunmen were slain in a series of coordinated attacks on soldier in the month of April. Ciudad Madero, a city in the northeastern state of Tamaulipas is also the place where this year’s battle took between the Gulf Cartel and its former ally- the Zetas gang of hit men. in five different parts of the said city found bullet-riddled bodies of eighteen men and two women on Friday.
At the Faith and Life center in Chihuahua City, about two-hundred miles or three-hundred fifty kilometers of Ciudad Juarez and border with El Paso, Texas occured another round of killings late Thursday said state police spokesman Fidel Banuelos. At a rehab center, also in Ciudad Juarez which has become the world’s most deadly cities, found one man killed and wounded another by unidentified assailants a day earlier.
Cristian Rey Ramirez, center director of Faith and Life said that all men of the center were place face-down along a hallway after roused out of bed shortly eleven p.m. Center director Ramirez was alerted by a telephone call from the center’s pastor. Two people were in a serious condition. Banuelos reported that the attackers left the victims with an accusation of being criminals.
Evidence of the massacre of at least 321 people in Democratic Republic of Congo has been uncovered.
The killings which took place last December had not previously been reported. Fighters from the notorious Lord’s Resistance Army raided several villages in a remote part of north-eastern DR Congo, killing and abducting children. This entire massacre has shaken up entire humanity.
Human Rights Watch says this is one of the worst massacres carried out by the LRA, whose fighters roam across several countries after spreading from Uganda.
The rebel leaders initially claimed to be fighting to install a theocracy in Uganda based on the Biblical Ten Commandments, but they now sow terror in Sudan and Central African Republic, as well as DR Congo. Spreading terrorism and vandalism is their main motto.
In the latest attack, the rebels hacked to death villagers and made others carry looted goods. One abductee, 17-year-old Jean-Claude Singbatile, was captured with a group of friends and spent days carrying bags of salt. “As we marched, the LRA killed people – two at one village, three at the next and then four at the next,” he told the media.
“They wanted to kill me, but the leader said I should be kept alive, as they needed strong soldiers.”
Eventually, one of the rebels warned him that he would also be killed and should take his chance and run for it. “He warned me because he is an Azande, like me,” said Jean-Claude, referring to his ethnic group.
The United Nations had heard rumours that an attack was to be launched around Christmas, and reinforced their troops in the area. But they were deployed to towns like Dungu and Niangara rather than the remote villages where the killings finally took place.
On 13 December, a contingent of LRA rebels crossed the Uele river, before arriving at a market in the village of Mabanga Ya Talo. Dressed in military uniforms, they pretended to be Congolese soldiers who had spent months in the forests and asked local people for food and other goods. They then asked people to carry the goods back to where they had crossed the river, and when the villagers refused, the rebels turned on them. Adults were attacked, captured, imprisoned in huts, then taken out and made to act as porters.
Anyone who was unable to keep up with the pace of the forced march was “left behind” – a euphemism for being tied up and battered to death with wooden stakes or killed with machetes and axes. Those who refused or tried to escape were also brutally killed.
It was a pattern repeated in villages all the way to Tapili, some 45km (30 miles) away.
Lt Jeanvier Bahati, a Congolese army commander in the Tapili area, was one of the first to arrive at the massacre site and helped to bury the dead.
“I saw with my own eyes 268 dead bodies, because we buried them – there was no-one else to do it,” he said.
Jacques Akoba, a Red Cross volunteer, said he buried seven bodies in a shallow grave 2km south of Mangada, along with nine skulls he found by the side of the road. “We were scared as we were burying them, but the son of our chief was among them, so we felt we had to give them a burial,” he said.
Human Rights Watch, working with local groups, has verified 321 deaths – but other activists have given far higher estimates. Witnesses say the stench of death hung over the area for weeks. Children were a particular target of the LRA.
At least 80 were taken by force – boys to become fighters, girls to be used as sex slaves by LRA combatants.
Quite why they killed so many of their victims is a mystery.
“We don’t understand what their strategy really is, but they clearly like killing, like destroying things,” said Father Joseph Nzala, the Catholic priest at Tapili. Many villagers are still too frightened to go home, and they continue to live in a makeshift camp on the edge of Niangara.
Local people question why the UN, Congolese and Ugandan forces do not co-operate more closely to halt the LRA, who have now returned to their camps north of the Uele river.
Ugandan army commanders claimed they had all but eradicated the LRA after launching a joint operation with South Sudanese and Congolese troops in December 2008.
With logistical and intelligence support from the US, the operation was meant to kill LRA commanders, including its leader, Joseph Kony.
But the attack failed to achieve its aims and the LRA dispersed, attacking churches and villages during Christmas 2008.
Uganda continues to maintain substantial forces on Congolese territory, sometimes conducting joint patrols with the army. The Congolese soldiers receive support from UN troops who have a number of small peacekeeping bases in the area.
But Anneke van Woudenberg of Human Rights Watch said the massacre provided “clear evidence” of the LRA’s ongoing capabilities.
“Rather than ignoring the facts, the governments of the region and UN peacekeepers should co-ordinate their efforts to protect civilians and develop a comprehensive strategy to resolve the LRA problem once and for all,” she said.
For some of the Iraqi’s, after the several years that the Americans stayed in their country, they still remember the gruesome happenings in their lives. One of the Iraqi, Senaa Tahid Abid, narrated the story of her life.
She said that her sisters along with her husband received some tips from the American soldiers that there is going to be insurgents against the government in their country. She along with her children was forced to go out their home. They were shocked to see her husband when she came back their home including her brother-in-law. The two were being gunned down having bullet holes in their bodies.
After that incident, Senaa cried almost for several days which are considered to be a severe psychological distress after the incident. Though she knew that she is having this psychological problem, she always thought of having suicides for many times. But she refused to perform suicides, as she is having positive thoughts in her mind, like her responsibilities.
Of course, it is not the only incident happened in Iraq. Aside, from Senaa, there are many persons who are having psychological disorders since the war of Iraq and the US started. This year, the war has been lessened down, though there are other reports of having bloody killings of some of the Iraqi by the US soldiers and more incidents are feared by many Iraqis.
From the incident, event the children are having psychological problems, as they are seeing killings and abuses of females and their families inside their home. Because of this, several reports had been popped-out on news saying that children are often the suicide bombers in most of the suicide bombing attacks.
For many people outside Iraq, they might not be aware of what the Iraqis are having problems every day, because more people knew that the war in Iraq and the US are already over.