The current lockdown period is a great opportunity for all of us to engage in activities that we have been putting off for a long time. For some of us, it’s getting in shape. However, due to social distancing enforcement, hitting the gym is the last thing you can think of. But here’s what you can do instead to still be on the path to achieving your fitness goals.
If you plan on exercising at home during this COVID-19 lockdown session, then you should know that exercising at home comes with multiple benefits, namely:
- There’s no need to carry around with your gym bag all day.
- The procedure is simple to start and the environment will be extremely familiar to you.
- When you’re tired and sweaty, you can easily jump into your shower to get fresh, easy, and effective.
Therefore, we’ll be sharing some of the best home workouts plans that you can carry out without pressuring your muscles and nerves to their maximum threshold – with the help of transformational coaching.
Home Workout Plans To Keep Yourself In Great Shape
Workout Using The Entire Body
If you’re ready to utilize your entire body during this workout session, then you need to follow the below steps:
- In case you’re a beginner, then you can start your session with triceps dips using your couch.
- Once you’re done with the previous exercise, you can then move onto forwarding lunges, squats, and also backward lunges.
- When it comes to doing push-ups, doing normal push-ups along with knee push-ups would be a great idea indeed.
- Opt for the hip thruster exercise by raising one of your legs in the air.
- You can try the glute bridge exercise with both feet on the floor or the sit-stand-jump exercise with resistance bands being used just above the knee.
Workout For Abs
Some of the easiest exercises to do to improve your abs:
- You can start with the mountain climbers exercise, except just by slowing down the overall movement.
- After you’ve completed that, start with the high plank exercise where you need to hold for at least 30 to 60 seconds. If you’re a newcomer, then you can take some breaks in-between and rest by using your knees.
- Proceed with the inchworms exercise, as you need to perform the exercise slowly and steadily. You can then end your session with a glute bridge exercise.
Workout For Legs
Exercising your legs is just as important as exercising other parts of your body, which is why care should be taken to complete the following exercises:
- Start your session by doing squats. In case you’re a beginner, then you can start using a chair to know the right way to perform the squats.
- Once you’ve completed squats, move on to forward lunges and use some form of support if needed.
- Wall sit is another exercise that you can perform, for about 15 to 60 minutes. If you’re a newcomer, then the duration can be varied according to your needs and body capabilities. Ensure that you don’t overwork your body in performing the exercise.