According to a 2020 survey conducted by Statistica, the number of mobile devices worldwide is estimated to be about 14.02 billion – a number which is expected to rise by 20% in about 4 years’ time. With this numerous number of internet-enabled hand-held devices around the world, it is not unexpected that humans will utilize these devices for quite a number of their daily activities.
Technological Disruptions in all Sectors, including TV Services
A lot of sectors have been disrupted by technology, gaining the letter ‘e’ as a prefix to the nouns representing these sectors. These days we see things like e-learning, e-health, e-commerce and so much more – the “e” representing electronics. There is absolutely no limit to what is obtainable in these reformed sectors as different innovative ways by which these sectors can be improved are churned out on a daily basis.
One sector that stands out and was largely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic is the entertainment sector, particularly TV services. The pandemic which struck in 2020 accelerated the rate at which cable TV lost subscribers and millions of dollars in revenue to streaming service providers.
Enjoying Disney Plus and its Content
Disney Plus, a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company is touted to come second after Netflix when ranking streaming services. The streaming service, possessing a total of 73.7 million subscribers has a vast array of content not only for kids but also for adults. Launching Disney Plus and going straight to watch any content is cool but how about some tips on how you can get the best out of this service? Outlined below are some of them:
1. Download Content for Later Viewing: To be able to enjoy uninterrupted viewing on-the-go, a good tip for viewers is to download their preferred content on the device beforehand. This helps, especially when a person is in transit and Internet connection might be unstable.
2. Reduce Download and Streaming Quality: To reduce data consumption and at the same time enjoy uninterrupted content – especially when network connection is poor, it is advisable to reduce the quality of the content being downloaded or streamed.
3. Use a VPN: Available in about 30 countries, there are several prospective viewers who would love to have access to Disney Plus but do not due to geo-restrictions. Using a VPN to stream Disney Plus is the only way to bypass this restriction pending when the service is launched in the viewers’ countries.
4. Create Separate Profiles: Profile selection is part of the personalized offerings Disney Plus provides on its platform. With separate profiles on your Disney Plus account, you can track your progress with your favorite content and not mix it up with other viewers on your account.
5. Disable AutoPlay: Binge watching is fun but it would be nice to prevent Disney Plus from getting you or your kids watch past the stipulated amount of content for a particular. Disabling autoplay feature would prevent next episodes from automatically playing after one is over.